Random Headlines

Friendship
[ Friendship ]

·A fresh start for all of us
·A SENSE OF CONNECTION
·Send E-Cards and encourage others
·Idle Gossip

Chat

There is a problem right now with this block.

Advertising

There isn't any content right now for this block, but you can submit some by selecting SUBMIT NEWS from the left hand menu.

trichotillomania.co.uk :: View topic - starting over
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

starting over

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trichotillomania.co.uk Forum Index -> Just How I'm Feeling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hopefaithchange

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: starting over Reply with quote

Just 2 days. That is all I managed. I feel pretty discouraged today. The first day felt easy, I was so inspired by everyone on the site. Unfortunately my will power began to fade early on day 3. I began pulling my hair and I have kept it up these past 2 days. I wonder sometimes how I will go 2 weeks, let alone 2 years. And scarier yet, I began thinking that maybe keeping my hands away from my hair isn't going to be the toughest battle in all this. Instead, maybe it is all the underlying issues that cause me to pull. So, how then do I deal with all that so that I can stop this obsessive behavior. I have been to counslers in the past, however, my M.O. is to go for a while, then stop. And to be honest, it is just too expensive at this time. I just want to stop pulling my damn hair!! It seems like it should be so easy, but it is the hardest thing I have ever tried to do. And, until now, it has been a battle I have fought alone. Anyway, here's to a new day tomorrow and a new start. Wish me luck.

Hopefaithchange
littlemiss
Respected Regular
Respected Regular

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello hope let me start off by telling you that Im not a puller its my daughter that is (just so I dont give the wrong impresson). Every one on here will tell you the first time is the hardest, expecaly the first few days, no one is expecting you to find it easy, or succed on your first atempt so dont feel too bad just dont let it make you give up trying. Instead of feeling like you have failed feel good for the 2 days next time it will be longer rember baby steps is the key for most. Also it might help if you started a pullathon as it will give you something to keep you reminded of prvious attempts and what went right or wrong so you can use it as tool.

Lots of luck on your next atempted one day you will be pull free
lindaxxx
Bush
Supernova Poster
Supernova Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy hopefaithchange,

Linda is completely right; no expects you to become completely pull-free overnight. So please don't put yourself down - two days is fantastic! You should be proud of yourself.

Now you know you can go at least two days without pulling, try to be even more determined and go longer. I won't lie to you - it may take many attempts and there surely will be relapses, but as Linda says you must not give up. Pull-freedom is possible.

I am personally not a fan of counsellors, but I think you're right to want to tackle what causes you to pull. I believe that we pull to relieve stress or anxiety, that the sensations of pulling comfort us. So I think the key is to prevent stress/anxiety (easier said than done, I know!) and also to find alternative ways to relieve stress and anxiety, like exercise or relaxation techniques.

So don't be so hard on yourself and try again. Let us know how you get on.

Love and hugs,
Bush
naomi
TrichSTAR
TrichSTAR

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Hope,

Not pulling my hair has been the toughest challenge in my life, and believe me when I tell you I have been through some things that many said I could not ever come out of, but I did. However, the hair pulling remained the same no matter how much I tried to stop. It does seem like such a little thing to do, just don't reach up and pull, yet it is so hard. I am like Bush and not a fan of counsellors, but I know there must be some good ones out there. Maybe if you could try CBT or better yet the therapy offered on this site. Who better to lead you to pull freedom then someone who has walked in your shoes.

Take care and NEVER GIVE UP!

Rachel
calli
Site Saver
Site Saver

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first of all, good luck. secondly, i just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in this and people here understand exactly what you are going through.
I have been pulling for roughly 11 years and in that time i have managed one day pull free. i want to stop too, more than anything and something inside of me just says that one day the time will be right (hopefully very soon) and i will be ready to start stop. i'm sure that the same is true for you and i wish you all the luck in the world on your journey.
i just thought i should tell you never to give up hope and believe in yourself and im sure you will get though this,
calli
xxx
hopefaithchange

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: starting over Reply with quote

Thank you all for your support it is great to hear. Today was a little better. I pulled, but managed it some of the time. I will keep trying, that is all I can do. I wish you all the best in your efforts as well.

Hopefaithchange
naomi
TrichSTAR
TrichSTAR

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just take it one day at a time, don't stress and it will finally become a way of life.

Rachel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trichotillomania.co.uk Forum Index -> Just How I'm Feeling All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: