We moderate our sites as regularly as we can. However, we may not always catch links to third party websites in time. Please be aware that clicking on third party links must be entirely at your own risk. We do not recommend or endorse sites for which we are not responsible.
YOUR PRIVACY IS PARAMOUNT. Please don't post any of your contact details (including email address) on forums.
We deal with sensitive subjects on behalf of many individuals, so we do not disclose any information to anyone.
1. The owner and operator of this site is Charizma
2. You can contact Charizma at our office address on the footer of all our web pages.
3. You will find our contact details on our site. Do get in touch if you have any questions or feedback.
When joining our forums please do not use your real name. Select a username by which you cannot be identified in Google searches etc.
4. By registering with our sites, you accept this policy.
5. This policy may be revised at any time so please check it whenever you visit our site.
What personal or other data do we collect?
6. We collect and store the information which you enter into forms on our site, for example when you register as a member or apply for a buddy on our site, participate in surveys, or communicate with other members via our site including chat, forums etc. We do not collect any payment information.
7. You may opt out of providing any such information by simply choosing not to complete the relevant form but certain information must be collected so that you can use our services.
8. Certain information which you provide (e.g. photos, forum posts etc.) may constitute "sensitive data" eg by revealing your ethnic origin, religion and/or sexual orientation. By providing such data you consent to our processing it in accordance with the policy.
9. We may also collect personal information which you provide us when communicating with by email.
10. We may receive and store certain information automatically when you interact with us. Examples include the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, connection information such as browser type and version, your operating system and platform, a unique reference number linked to the data you enter on our system, login details, the full URL to, through and from our site (including date and time), cookie number, activity on our website including the pages you visited and searches you made.
12. Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site.
13. You can modify the settings of your browser to accept or reject all cookies or be notified when a cookie is set. To view your security settings in Internet Explorer, access the Internet Options within the tools menu in your browser and select the Privacy tab to choose a privacy setting for the internet zone you are in. For further information on cookies and cookie settings, including how to delete cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
14. We do not use third party advertisers or internet advertising on our site.
15. We use your personal data to provide our services or to send you service-related messages such as confirmation emails and other messages related to your requests and form completion. Such messages may include newsletters, special offers and commercial messages related to ONLY our service.
16. We use your personal data to help us communicate with you effectively should you try to contact us via our site including verification of data.
18. We may access, monitor, remove, alter or store or otherwise use any personal data if we think you have or may have breached our terms and conditions or to enforce our rights or protect the public or where if we are required to do so by law or appropriate authorities.
19. How do we protect personal data?
20. Security is a high priority. We take precautions to protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction using the same safeguards as we use for our own proprietary information.
21. Your personal data is stored on secure dedicated database servers that are separate from our website servers and are not connected to the internet. We also maintain physical and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data.
22. Our financial partners use 128 bit SSL technology to encrypt credit card transactions; these are not handled by us directly. We do not have access to your payment details.
23. We do not disclose any personal data to third parties except as stated below.
24. We may provide anonymous demographic information (for example: age; category; gender) to registered researchers. This will not include any personally identifiable information.
25. You can terminate your registration with us by following the instructions in the Your Account part of our site. Such termination will not affect any previous distribution, publication or broadcast of the relevant material and will only take effect upon the next update or version thereof.
26. We may disclose personal data so far as reasonably necessary:
a) if we think you have or may have breached our terms and conditions or to enforce our rights or protect the public
b) where required to do so by warrant of law or appropriate authority.
27. We may share your information with members of our Company for the purposes of collaborating to help your recovery.
28. We may store or transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area for the purposes stated in this policy.
29. You can access, rectify or delete your personal data by contacting us via the "Contact Us" section of our website. We will of course need to be satisfied that you are who you say you are. We may charge an administration fee in line with data protection laws.
30. For information about your rights under UK data protection laws, see the website of the UK Information Commissioner (http://www.dataprotection.gov.uk/)